independent fundamental church
In 1853, land was given to the community of New Corydon to build a church. A constitution was written on the completion of the building of the little white church in 1854, stating that the church was to remain a church forever.
One hundred and fifty-eight years later the United Methodist decided to close its doors. As the church sat empty, many folks prayed that it would soon open. God provided through an anonymous donor who stepped forward and bought the church from the Methodist Convention to give back to the people of New Corydon. On November 11, 2012, while the paperwork was being finalized, New Corydon Bible Church's new pastor, Patrick Young, held the first service in the house next door. At the end of January 2013, Sunday School and Morning Worship services began again in the church building. Wednesday and Sunday evening services were added as more people began to attend.
Pastor Patrick & Yvonne Young
Patrick Young grew up in Terre Haute, Indiana. In 1986, he earned his Bachelor of Science majoring in Bible and minoring in Speech and History at Bob Jones University.
Yvonne Young grew up all over the states. She attended Bob Jones University majoring in Elementary Education and minoring in English. She earned her Bachelors of Science degree in 1986.
Patrick and Yvonne met at Bob Jones University and married in 1986. They moved to Berne, Indiana to work as Christian school teachers. They later had six children. Now Pastor Pat works construction and pastors New Corydon Bible Church. They recently celebrated thirty-two years of marriage and are happily serving in the ministry giving all to the glory of God.